Tabling is an effective, enjoyable, and relatively simple way of spreading The Pledge and The Climate Mobilization!
- A table that you can carry (such as a folding card table.)
- Masking Tape
- A 3x2 poster that you can print and affix to the table. Note, we have 4 options available.
- A 2x3 version of the Pledge that that can also be displayed. (optional)
- Pledge and petition sign up sheets
- General TCM Flyers w Pledge on back
- Modifiable TCM flyers. If you have an upcoming meeting or presentation, use this and
- a Laptop (optional)
- T-shirt (optional)
1) Review TCM's materials. Reading The Case for Climate Mobilization and The Transformative Power of Climate Truth can get you prepared for fielding questions. Also check out this video of TCM Founder giving an introductory presentation.
2) Consider making Tabling part of your larger strategy. Your tabling will be more effective if you can invite interested people to an upcoming event. Consider scheduling a local meeting-- or other event-- the week following your tabling. Thenuse the modifiable flyers to invite people to your event. Choose a time and place. Possibilities: at a farmer's market or street fair, on a campus, or busy pedestrian street, at a rally or political event, outside of a food coop or mall.
3) Consider enlisting a partner. Know someone outgoing who might be interested in tabling with you? Especially for your first time out, this can be a good idea.
4) Choose a time and place. Possibilities: at a farmer's market or street fair, on a campus, or busy pedestrian street, at a rally or political event, outside of a food coop or mall.
5) Let us know your plans. Fill out this planning form to let us know that you will be tabling. Let us know how we can help you!
6) Print your materials. Print one of the 3x2 posters (we have 4 options, two with Uncle Sam and 2 with Rosie the Riveter, with slightly different wording. Choose the one you like best.) Also print out some sign up sheets for people who want to Pledge and flyers to hand out (either a modifiable flyer including your event details or just a general TCM flyer. These will be double sided and have the Pledge on the back.
7) Showtime! Time to hit the streets. Set up your table and initiate conversations with passersbys.
8) Pledge Entry and Email Follow-Up (Best to do immediately!): For those who took the Pledge on paper, enter their information following these instructions.
For those who said they wanted more information but did not want to sign the pledge, send them a link to www.theclimatemobilization.org and The Transformative Power of Climate Truth. Tell them you are available for questions.